Hi! I’m Changhoon Oh, an HCI/UX researcher. I’m interested in Human-AI Interaction.
I am a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Human-Computer Interaction Institute at Carnegie Mellon University, working with Professor Jodi Forlizzi and Professor John Zimmerman. I earned my Ph.D. from Seoul National University under the guidance of professor Bongwon Suh,
My research in Human-computer Interaction (HCI) and User Experience (UX) focuses on Human-AI Interaction – how people perceive, respond to, and cooperate with Artificial Intelligence. I have conducted a study to understand artificial intelligence technophobia following the Google DeepMind Challenge Match, a Go match between Lee Sedol and AlphaGo, in March 2016 (CHI 2017 full paper), and a study to understand user experience of co-creation with artificial intelligence (CHI 2018 full paper), which has been awarded an Honourable Mention for CHI 2018. Recently, I have been studying the design of audio interaction news systems that use smart speakers and have also been researching user reactions to algorithm-based news generation systems.
If you want more information about me, you can download my Curriculum Vitae.
- 2018. 6. 29: “Touch+Finger: Extending Touch-Based User Interface Capabilities with “Idle” Finger Gestures in the Air” conditionally accepted to UIST 2018.
- 2018. 4. 21 – 26: Attended CHI 2018, Montréal, Canada for paper presentation – honourable mention.
- 2018. 4. 19: Selected for Google Travel and Conference Grants.
- 2018. 3. 27: Joined V.DO, a video artificial intelligence start-up, as an AI Researcher.
- 2018. 3. 27: Had an invited talk at Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI), Daejon, South Korea.
- 2018. 2. 16: “PairRing: A Ring-Shaped Rotatable Smartwatch Controller” accepted to CHI 2018 Late-Breaking Work.
- 2018. 2. 9: “I Lead, You Help But Only with Enough Details: Understanding the User Experience of Co-Creation with Artificial Intelligence (principal author)” awarded an Honourable Mention for CHI 2018 (top 5%).
- 2018. 1. 31 – 2. 2: Attended HCI Korea 2018, Jeongson, South Korea.
- 2017. 11. 17: “I Lead, You Help But Only with Enough Details: Understanding the User Experience of Co-Creation with Artificial Intelligence (principal author)” conditionally accepted to CHI 2018.
- 2017. 5. 6 – 11: Attended CHI 2017, Denver, Colorado, US, for paper presentation.
- 2017. 11. 19: “Us vs. Them: Understanding Artificial Intelligence Technophobia over the Google DeepMind Challenge Match (principal author)” conditionally accepted to CHI 2017.